UnitySCM is an early-stage startup on a mission to support the growth of manufacturing companies of all sizes by building the world’s first supply chain execution platform. We bring together the siloed data of supply chains to provide visibility and automation that dramatically increase efficiency in this 25 Trillion-dollar industry. We’re backed by top-tier VCs and growing fast.
As a Platform Engineer at UnitySCM, you’ll be responsible for the design, development, and optimization of tools, frameworks, and processes that improve the efficiency and effectiveness of our software development lifecycle. You will collaborate with engineering teams to identify areas of improvement and implement solutions that streamline workflows, automate repetitive tasks, and enhance the overall developer experience and productivity of our TypeScript and AWS-centric stack.
As an early employee, you’ll have an incredibly unique opportunity to maximize your personal growth and impact by being a “Manager of one” and having a proper seat at the table that shapes the engineering culture as the company grows.
- Design, develop, and maintain tools, frameworks, and processes that enhance developer productivity, including CI/CD pipelines, build systems, code review tools, automated testing frameworks, and incident management workflows.
- Collaborate with development teams to identify bottlenecks in the development process and propose innovative solutions to address them.
- Implement and promote best practices for software development, code quality, and maintainability, ensuring our developer platform is scalable, reliable, and secure.
- Monitor, analyze, and report on developer productivity metrics to drive continuous improvement in our development processes.
- Provide technical mentorship and guidance to other engineers on the team, fostering a culture of collaboration and growth.
- Actively participate in code and design reviews to ensure high-quality software delivery.
- Stay current on emerging technologies and industry trends to ensure our developer platform remains competitive and cutting-edge.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, related field, or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of experience in software development, focusing on developer productivity, tooling, and process improvement in Internal Platforms, Dev Infra, DevEx or similar teams.
- Strong programming skills in one or more of the following: TypeScript, Python, Java, Go, or similar.
- Experience with modern CI/CD tools and technologies like CodeBuild, CircleCI, GitLab CI, or similar.
- Significant experience with IaC tools such as Pulumi (preferred), Terraform, CloudFormation, or similar.
- Experience working in a monorepo codebase using Lerna or NX.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, with a demonstrated ability to identify and address complex technical challenges.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams.
If you feel your skills, experience, and most importantly, values match well with the above, please drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org